October 22, 2006

The best kind of old friend

I'd say that the best kind of old friend is one you can see again after 12 years and just feel like you picked up where you left off with no awkward pauses.

Me with Randy Huff.
Randy and I share "history" as he was Dean of Men at Hobe Sound Bible College in my last year in the dorm when I was an Assistant Dean. Randy is now on staff at Kentucky Mountain Bible College and though Randy has the distinction of being the smartest person in eastern Kentucky, he is apparently not who legendary UK coach Adolph Rupp was referring to when he famously "lifted his eyes unto the hills...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey William,
Thanks for posting this. You are indeed the best kind of old friend. It was so great to see you — thanks for coming that distance so we could re-connect after these 12 years.

Funny, BTW, how Rupp’s legend goes beyond the state. I feel like I’m an exile in my own state because I am not a rabid UK fan (or any kind of UK fan for that matter. If I’m not careful the censors will get me for admitting that!)

Again, can’t say how much it meant to see you again. Lets get together again soon. Jane’s dying to see Tammy now so we need to make it happen.

Blessings,
Randy

Mary Ellen said...

Great guy - that Randy Huff - I'm glad I inherited such a great brother-in-law. That's great you went to see him, I'm sure it meant a lot to him. We so enjoyed seeing he, Jane and the boys two weeks ago for a family wedding. Now when are you guys coming to FL to see other old friends!?!?! Always a free room at the Huff Hotel!