October 29, 2007

Emergent - Missional - ChurchPlanting - Wesley

Recently, I've been following/reading after the blogs of a lot (seriously like 50 of them) of emergent church planting types largely out of curiosity about what they are trying and how it is working.

I do see a lot to admire and some to annoy. Among the things to admire is the outward focus on reaching the unchurched as well as the expectation that if you a professing Christian in a particular local body you are expected be involved in the ministry/work of the church. Among the things to annoy (speaking for myself) are the apparently required references to & meetings at Starbucks as well the the apparently required "Ryan Seacrest" hair for pastors & ministry staff. Shallow annoyances, I know. I don't want to generalize about doctrinal problems since these churches cross a wide spectrum.

Anyway, I was interested in this table collated by Keith Drury: What Would Wesley Say About The Emerging Church.

0 comments: