May 29, 2008

Wrong Number

The phone rang one day and a voice on the other end of the phone said, "Honey, it's Mom. I called because I know you're busy with the kids, and I want to give you some help. I'm going to stop by to clean the house, take care of the baby, and prepare dinner for when the boys get home from school."

"I want you to get ready to go to my beautician, I've paid her already, and she's going to give you `the works,' your appointment is at 1:00pm. Give George a call at the office and tell him you'll meet him at Olive Garden for dinner, it's on me...."

At that point the young mother interrupted and said, "George, who is George?"

"Your husband."

She said, " My husband's name is Fred."

"Oh. Is this 365-3212?"

"No, this is 365-3213"

The caller said, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I've got the wrong number."

After a pause, the young mother said, "Does this mean that you're not coming over?"

- Author unknown

0 comments: