January 5, 2006

Playing Doctor

Chandler has been enamored with all things medical for a while and has been getting little "doctor-hospital-ambulance" types of things at all gift giving occasions including a little hospital set and ambulance at Christmas.

He has been telling us for days or weeks that at the "Winter Party" he and one friend will be playing "this" and he and another friend will be playing "that." We've been telling him that he needs to include all his invitees in everything. So anyway he tells me last night that he and Jamie (a six-year-old from our church) will be playing doctor and he was going to tell her this last night at Pioneer Club. I was thinking that her mother would be thrilled!

Me: "Chandler, why don't you have all the planned games be a surprise for the kids when they arrive?"

Chandler: "Well, I think I'll have all the other games be a surprise, but this one I want to tell Jamie tonight." (Now I'm scrambling.)

Me: "Well, since you have such a nice hospital and ambulance, why don't you call it `playing hospital' instead of `playing doctor'."

Chandler: "That's a Great Idea!"

Now I'm thinking that I have earned my black belt in parenting and that Jamie may be allowed to attend the Winter party after all.

0 comments: