November 10, 2006

What did you just say?

I know our kids are pretty sheltered, so when I overheard a neighborhood girl say, "Holy Crap!" in front of Chandler, I knew that it was just a matter of time before he either repeated it to the Pastor in the church foyer or asked us about this strange new expression.

I forgot about it until Tammy called today to say that this girl Shannon, had been playing in the yard with Chandler and that later Chandler came in and asked, "Mom , what is Holy Craft?" Tammy, not have been prepped by me, said, "Chandler, where did you hear that?"

Chandler replied, "Shannon says it a lot. I asked her what it means and she said it was the same as `Holy Shh'. Mom, what does `Holy Shh' mean?"

Tammy went on to explain that we typically like to reserve the word "Holy" for talking about God and spiritual things and that he should never use this "Holy Craft" expression. We'll see.

0 comments: