December 30, 2006

Through the Bible in 2007

I'm more than a little embarrassed to admit that at the age of 35 I've never read the Bible through in a year. (Maybe not completely through ever.)

Anyway, I've decided that 2007 is the year for me to do this and thought I'd invite any family and friends (or any other of my 3 readers) to join me in this quest. If we are reading together it would serve for some accountability and motivation as well as opportunity for discussion.

Apparently you can read through the Bible in a year by reading three chapters a day and five on Sundays. (This schedule actually gives enough cushion to read Psalm 119 on it's own day. :-))

If anyone is interested in accepting the challenge reply in the comments and let me know.

I'm planning to start with Genesis since this a last minute deal. Whoever wants to participate together could help decide if we go mostly straight through or if we jump around some. I'm open-minded though I would like to stick with whole chapters.

Join Me!

The schedule for Genesis would be:

Jan. 1 Gen. 1-3
Jan. 2 Gen. 4-6
Jan. 3 Gen. 5-9
Jan. 4 Gen. 10-12
Jan. 5 Gen. 13-15
Jan. 6 Gen. 16-18
Jan. 7 Gen. 19-23
Jan. 8 Gen. 24-26
Jan. 9 Gen. 27-29
Jan. 10 Gen. 30-32
Jan. 11 Gen. 33-35
Jan. 12 Gen. 36-38
Jan. 13 Gen. 39-41
Jan. 14 Gen. 42-46
Jan. 15 Gen. 47-49
Jan. 16 Gen. 50 + ? (2 chapters of a new book)

3 comments:

JenLo said...

I'll definitely join you, and I just started with an email program where they email you your selection in the version of your choice. I signed up already but wasn't going to start until Jan 1. I signed up through http://www.bibleinayear.org/ but the emails come from studylight.org

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are going to do this...and yes I will join. My Bible "The Knowing Jesus Bible - NIV- has it marked out so we read through in one year. I will keep up with you thru your blogs. I love you guys dearly...mom

Anonymous said...

Hey William. Great challenge. Jane and I are doing it together with an NLT "One Year Bible". Looking forward to it and will be good to do it along side you and others.
Randy