December 9, 2006

The Way to Win


The Way to Win

I've just finished this book, The Way to Win: Taking the White House in 2008, by Mark Halperin and John Harris. I am something of a political junkie, reading Real Clear Politics dot com and such nearly everyday.

Although I assumed that the authors of this book would exhibit the usual liberal bias of the main stream "Old Media" press, I originally picked this book up because I love Mark Halperin's sense of humor. He is the author/editor of "The Note" which is emailed by the political unit at ABC several times a week.

Basically, the book explains the "Trade Secrets" behind the electoral successes of Bill Clinton and George W. Bush and details the electoral failures of AlGore and John F. Kerry. I was especially pleased to see that they debunked the whole, "Bush is Stupid-Rove is his brain" theory. Naturally they give a lot of well deserved credit to Karl Rove, but much to Bush as well.

Anyway, I'm not recommending you buy it, but if you see it in the library and have some free time, check it out.

0 comments: